You’re probably wondering WHY I’m dedicating an entire post to dragonflies.
Well, I’ve always liked them. They’re like butterflies, but somehow cooler. Did you know they can fly up & down, forward & backward, and side to side?! And if you’ve been on Pinterest recently, you may have noticed that dragonflies are really trending….I’ve been waiting for the rest of the world to catch up with me!
The dragonfly is an ancient symbol, found around the world. It is especially strong in Native American art and legends. Surprisingly all civilisations have attributed the same symbolism to it: the happiness you feel after undergoing a great change or transformation and finally achieving self-awareness and confidence.
If you follow my blog, you’ll know that I love gifts that are handmade and meaningful, so this dragonfly jewellery set is the perfect gift idea for anyone going through a change in their lives and needing a bit of jewellery….let’s face it, we all need some new jewellery now and then! Click here to take a peek at the charm bracelet and matching earrings. or visit the QuiddityGifts Etsy shop to see what’s available.
If you’re not a fan of jewellery, there are plenty of beautiful handmade makes featuring dragonflies. Here are some of my favourites from talented creatives on Etsy. There’s everything from home decor wall art, candle holders, and coaster, to fashion accessories and a colouring card.
- Pouch zip bag by VinoCatz
- Coin purse by PetrifiedPetal
- Coasters by LamailaSilks
- Sun catcher by LamailaSilks
- Hand-painted silk scarf by KiwiSilks
- Brooch by lovevintagecrafts
- Tea light candle holder by TheGlasscraftstudio
- Wallet purse by SunnyjollyDesignsArt
- Dragonfly pillow by wfrancisdesign
- 3d wall art by FramesByErika
- Vase and candleholder by KarenKeirStrawsilk
- Ring by GwydionsGarden
- Fused glass coasters by BeckyHaywoodGlass
- Metal wall art by RustyRoosterMetalArt
- Colour therapy card by heARTofNatureStudio
- Dragonfly charm bracelet and matching earrings by QuiddityGifts
I have carefully selected all of the items to feature on this blog post and have received no financial compensation for including them….I simply love them and want to support small business, talented artists, and budding entrepreneurs.